Six-Day Long Weekend Five Months Away
Talk about bittersweet!
As life resumes in the UAE after a blissful long weekend, we’re pretty sure residents are looking forward to the next. The nation was in festive spirits over the long weekend treating its citizens to drone shows, fireworks, and let’s not forget the aesthetic skies and nippy weather. But don’t jump into your sleep-jamas yet, there’s still 5 months to go.
The next public holiday is on January 1, which falls on a Saturday (usually a non-working day). The next public holiday in the UAE falls on April 30 and extends to May 4. This is a six-day long break for Eid Al Fitr to mark the end of Ramadan in 2022.
While you’re waiting for the next long weekend, here’s a list of the public holidays in 2022:
- Saturday, January 1: New Year’s Day
- Saturday, April 30 to Wednesday, May 4: Eid Al Fitr
- Friday, July 8: Arafat Day
- July 9, 10 and 11 (Saturday to Monday): Eid Al Adha
- Saturday, July 30: Islamic New Year
- Saturday, October 8: Prophet Mohammed’s birthday
- Thursday, December 1: Commemoration Day
- December 2 and 3 (Fri, Sat): UAE National Day