It’s a millennial’s world and what they say is law. And their favourite platform, TikTok, has just revealed the top 10 food trends of 2021.
The ‘FoodTok’ blew up in 2021, with #TikTokFood being viewed over 43 billion times….yes, 43 BILLION, which is over five times the world’s population.
From simpler foods like baked oats to ice-cream cakes for those with a sweet tooth, here are the top 10 most popular TikTok food trends of 2021.
From simpler foods like baked oats to ice-cream cakes for those with a sweet tooth, here are the 10 most popular TikTok food trends of 2021.
1. Cloud bread (#CloudBread, 3.3 billion views) – A high-protein alternative to bread made out of egg whites, sugar and cornstarch/cream of tartar. Sort of a meringue, with a millennial twist.
2. Whipped coffee (#WhippedCoffee, 2.4 billion views) –Whip up some coffee powder, sugar and hot water and then slap it on top of some hot or cold milk and voila.
3. Pancake cereal (#PancakeCereal, 1.6 billion views) – Miniature pancakes that you eat, like cereal, in a bowl.
Basically a honey ice lolly. Maybe we should change the saying to “Sweet as Frozen Honey”.Basically a honey ice lolly. Maybe we should change the saying to “Sweet as Frozen Honey”.
5. Dalgona candy (#DalgonaCandy, 1.4 billion views) – This Korean street snack took the world by storm. Inspired by popular series Squid Game, the snack has people licking these cookies all over the world.
6. Feta pasta (#FetaPasta, 1.1 billion views) – One of the simplest to make on the list. Bake a block of feta with some tomatoes and oil, and then just mush it in with the pasta.
7. Ice-cream cake (#IceCreamCake, 1.1 billion views) – Not a new concoction but it still dominated TikTok and well, essentially the world. A cake with an ice-cream in the middle or a cake made completely of ice-cream. Pretty cool, huh?
8. Nature’s cereal (#NaturesCereal, 933.4 million views) – Talking ’bout simple, this is just a bowl of various berries and/or different fruits in coconut water.
9. Baked oats (#BakedOats, 929.2 million views) – Nothing but a normal oat-based cake.
10. Tanghulu (#Tanghulu, 740.7 million views) – A candied fruit snacks that looks like a fake fruit cake, except that it’s real.
Let us know in the comments which other FoodTok faves should’ve made it on the list?